Eligibility & Benefits
You may be eligible for Membership at MedPro FCU in one of two ways:
- All employees of our Select Employment Groups(SEGS) Click here for a list of our SEGS.
- Family member of a current MedPro member, including:
- Son or Daughter
- Legal Spouse
- Aunt or Uncle
- Niece or Nephew
- Sister or Brother
- Mother or Father-in-law
- Brother or Sister-in-law
- Any other family member
Remember: You may remain a member for life, even if you change jobs, relocate, or retire! Your family members are also eligible to join as soon as you are a member.
- Bring or send your completed membership application to our office at 1174 Battles Ave. in Akron.
- Bring or send a copy of a picture ID, such as a driver's license
- Bring or send a minimum deposit of $50
- If you fax your application, a copy of your driver's license must be submitted for each member
On October 26, 2001 President Bush signed into law the USA Patriot Act. The purpose of this law is to help protect you, your family and our country from terrorism by preventing terrorist financing. We want you to know that Section 326 of this Act requires our Credit Union to verify the identity of all new Credit Union Members. We must also identify the identity of members and non-members added as signatories to have access to new or existing deposit accounts and loans. We must also retain copies of documents used to verify your identity.
If you are an existing member who joined the Credit union before the USA Patriot Act rules became effective, we may also need to verify and retain copies of any documents used to verify your identity when you request a new deposit account, apply for a loan or are added as a signatory to a new or existing deposit or loan account.
We ask for your understanding as we work to support these efforts to maintain the security of your funds and our country. Please speak with a Credit Union staff member if you have any questions or concerns about our identification policies.